Sunday, August 23, 2026

68 year old French Tourist dies in Death Valley in 116 degrees:

First of all, I try to make it a point of never going to Death Valley in the summer unless I want to die there so maybe if you are older than 40 or 50 years old you don't want to drive there in the summer in case you die there? Going to Death Valley in the summer your car is sort of like a Space ship in that you Can't survive there outside of your spaceship (car) very much or at all especially if you are older than 40 years old and in really good physical condition.
 
Let me tell you a story about Death Valley which changed how I have thought about that place my whole life:
 
I was 5 years old and lived in El Cajon  (near San Diego) and my father and some guys from work and I all decided to go see Death Valley. I'm not sure my father had even been there yet but he might have gone at some time I didn't know about.
 
So, anyway we drove into a nightmare of a Sand Storm that took ALL the paint off the new Chevrolet Car (likely an Impala then in 1953). We drove slow around there because you couldn't see more than a few feet all night long. Finally the driver of the car pulled up a canyon with high sandstone cliffs on both sides of the road and we looked at the pitted windows of the car and all the paint gone off the car from being sand blasted by a wind storm. 
 
So, the point is if I ever go to Death Valley it is in the Fall Winter or Spring when I'm more likely to survive going there ever since I was 5 years old. It's true most people survive going there in the summers but just remember the easiest thing to do is to die there if you have ANY problems at all with your car or your air conditioner. 
 
begin quotes: 
A 68-year-old French tourist, Pierre Michel Formosa, died in Death Valley National Park after his car became stuck on a remote road. He perished from extreme heat while attempting to walk for help.
Incident Details
  • KREM
    68-year-old man dies amid blistering heat in Death Valley National Park
    68-year-old man dies amid blistering heat in Death Valley... Author: Jennifer Campbell-Hicks. Published: 2:43 PM PDT August 21, 20...
  • KLAS 8 News Now
    French visitor dies in Death Valley National Park after becoming stranded on remote road
    Death Valley is an extraordinary place, but its heat, distances, and remoteness can be dangerous, regardless of experience. We're ...
  • People.com
    Tourist Dies in Death Valley National Park After Becoming Stranded on Remote Road amid Extreme Heat
    NEED TO KNOW A French tourist, Pierre Michel Formosa, died after his vehicle got stuck in the mud while traveling on a remote road...
Show all

No comments: