Friday, August 21, 2026

Staying Alive

I've been praying for my son a lot lately as well as many members of my family. So far, he is in the hospital for almost a week now but I think he is going to pull through. Yesterday was pretty rough for me because what happens in hospitals often to people who might die is that this is psychologically a pretty rough place to be.

Also, they wake you up about every 1 or 2 hours 24 hours a day even if you are sleeping to take blood for tests or to test your blood pressure and just so you can convince the nurses that you are going to stay alive and not die on them.

I was in the hospital in the ER in January myself so I know how crazy it can get when you think you are going to die. But, Versed which emotionally can distance you from your experience of almost dying might also keep you alive through all of this like it did me too so it was more like watching myself on TV go through this and more entertaining than anything else except I also knew I might die too. So, thinking you might die is not entertaining (at least for most people). It's a real pain in the ass to deal with.

But, I lived through those 3 days there and I think my son likely will live through the week or longer total he will be in the hospital too. He was in Critical Condition but he is much better now. He is 52 years old and I got sick and almost died at 50 but I'm still around at 78 after being forced to retire at 50. So, I'm very hopeful and almost certain my son will make it through all this.

He met someone with the same condition he has and he went into remission and completely recovered and he met this fellow at the doctor's office so this gave my son some hope he might live through all this too.

By God's Grace 

No comments: