As long as you protect yourself and your family and consider the effects of what you write upon others writing online can be very beneficial not only to you but to others around the world.
Also, as strange as this might sound to a new blogger, it might be useful to check to see what articles your readers are reading. I waited from 1999 (when there were no counters) because everything was in HTML where you had to program it yourself in HTML for geocities.com
Then with this blog (intuitivefred888) there was a Statistics page but I really didn't understand what or where it was at first. So, I didn't really look at all for a couple of years and just kept writing.
However, then when I checked my counters what people wanted to read was totally different than I expected completely.
So, what I realized is that since my interests are very wide ranging that if I gave people what we both wanted to read about and study about that my readership would likely grow a lot and it did.
The real change was likely in 2011 when I advocated Crowdsourcing for the 2011 Tsunami in Japan.
At the time, people didn't trust the Japanese or the U.S. government or any government telling them the truth about the radiation out of Fukushima especially after several people working at Fukushima died of one thing or another.
So, I advocated buying geiger counters to test the water earth and food and air if possible so people had more confidence doing it themselves and not leaving it to the government.
After this, people started to take what I wrote much more seriously because this gave a lot of people more confidence doing the research on their food and water and land and gardens especially anywhere in Japan more as well as people all over the world worrying about the radiated Fish in the ocean that people were eating as well as food grown too close to there and water from there or near there too.
IN fact, my dentists daughter was teaching English in Japan then and got Thyroid Cancer from the radiation. HOwever, she was treated early and lived to tell the tale of Fukushima anyway.
So, being thoughtful and helpful to people all over the world is often a way to get your blog to really pop and articles to go viral, especially if it is a shared interest you have with other people on earth.
Here is the present definition of Crowd Sourcing but it was slightly different then in 2011:
begin quotes:
Including results for crowdsourcing
- Open Call: A person or company posts a task or question online.
- The Crowd: Anyone from the public can submit a response, design, or solution.
- Crowdfunding: Raising small amounts of money from many people (like on Kickstarter).
- Idea Generation: Asking users for new product suggestions (like LEGO Ideas).
- Lower Costs: Paying for completed tasks is often cheaper than hiring full-time staff.
- Fast Speed: Many people work at the same time to finish projects quickly.
- Specific crowdsourcing platforms for a project?
- The legal risks of crowdsourcing?
No comments:
Post a Comment