Friday, August 28, 2026

Best Medicine is an American Remake of Doc Martin set in Maine in Port Wenn on Netflix

I had a hard time adjusting to the different format slightly at first and adjusting to all the new characters the way they are designed but after the first two episodes I found I loved this series likely as much as the "Doc Martin" series on PBS for years through various seasons of it.

My wife and I and a friend who is staying with us now have been watching 2 episodes at night for two nights in a row and we started watching it the night before that and our friend visiting sat through 2 episodes Thursday night and 2 episodes the night before and we all decided we really love this version of Doc Martin Called Best Medicine. 

Only this time the character is called "Dr. Martin Best" which is why they call this Best Medicine and Port Wenn is like the fictional Portwenn in Cornwall England of Doc Martin. 

If you go into Google Maps and type in "Portwenn Cornwall" it will take you to what they ficitiously called portwenn in Doc Martin. You can recognize the inlet from the ocean leading out to the sea quite easily on Google Maps if you do this.

There are presently 13 episodes presently on Netflix which is nice too (especially if you were a fan of Doc Martin in Portwenn, Cornwall, England too! 

No comments: