Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Little Margie: Gale Storm

In 1952 when the TV show "MY Little Margie" was on I was 4 years old and my parents didn't own a TV yet just my grandparents and a few relatives.(We got our first black and white TV in 1954(color wasn't good then on TV) So I used to watch this program and "Superman" at a friends house starting in El Cajon. His name was Danny Barsocks and by that time I was 5 and in Kindergarten. These were my favorite programs then soon to be replaced until I was 12 by "Maverick" "Jim Bowie"
"Cheyenne" "Bewitched" "Dick Van Dyke Show" and "Leave it to Beaver". Beaver about that time looked a lot like me at age 8 or 9 years of age in 1956 when I was 8.

If you are about my age or just a TV buff of old shows check out on Youtube an episode or two of "My little margie" starring Gale Storm who passed away recently at age 87.

Since my mother passed away last fall at 89 it was just one more reminder of bygone days when life was much simpler than now. Have fun at Youtube!

No comments: