Sunday, December 30, 2012

Types of Batteries

Lead-based Batteries
 Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM)
 New Lead Acid Systems
Nickel-based Batteries
 Lithium-based Batteries
 Types of Lithium-ion
 Li-polymer Battery: Substance or Hype?
  Cycle Performance
 Supercapacitor
 Fuel Cell Technology
 The Miniature Fuel Cell
 Alternate Battery Systems
 Experimental Rechargeable Batteries

I was commenting on an article and realized I needed to know more about the different types of batteries used these days because my comment would be mostly for the types of batteries found in most non-hybrid and non-electric based 4, 6 and 8 cylinder vehicles. However, I realized after thinking about it that there are many different types of batteries that would cause various different problems if one were in such a vehicle in an accident. Some would simply short out, some would leak battery acid on people in overturned cars and trucks, and some would have other problems. I didn't find out exactly what I wanted to know about but I put all these buttons above for any of you that want to do more research on the subject.

No comments: