Thursday, December 27, 2012

reprint of Glastonbury from the Air

Glastonbury Tor from the Air: Isle of Avalon

Since so many of you seem to be interested in this article at the "Glastonbury Tor from the Air: Isle of Avalon" word button, I thought I might say more about this place. Click on word button above to see the picture of Glastonbury Tor from the Air.

When I first visited this place in a rented car from London where I was staying in 1999 I drove by Stonehenge but for me the energy there was sort of garbled by so many different people laying trips on it for thousands of years. Though I stopped there for a moment when I saw the chain linked fences where I couldn't go up and touch them as an intuitive I wasn't interested in staying there and drove on to Glastonbury Tor.

I was traveling at the time with my 10 year old daughter and my mother that I brought for her first and last trip to visit her mother's and father's Scotland where they both grew up in Clydebank and Ayr  respectively near Glasgow, Scotland. So, we had already been to Scotland, England, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy (Germany through Italy and back in a 6 passenger diesel Motorhome that we rented in Munich. However, we found that Munich is pronounced there something like Muncheon.

So, when we went to Glastonbury for the first time we were in England for another 4 days before flying back to the U.S. to San Francisco after spending a week with my older son (then 25 and his friend) traveling around Europe for several months on a Eurail pass (By the way if you get a Eurail pass you only get the good rates if you buy it here in the U.S.).

One of the funny things to me was we stayed at the Hotel Majestic then in London which had a special significance to me because of the Majestic 12 of  ufo lore  which goes back to Roswell in 1947.

As I drove with my mother and daughter (my wife and then 2 year old daughter didn't come on this trip).

So, as we drove nearer to Glastonbury Tor it stood up in the distance and I could feel it before I saw it. I experienced the full clarity of thought like I experience when I'm around Saint Germain. I also get a feeling somewhat like this at Mt. Shasta even though it is a little different. So, it was easy for me to imagine Merlin, King Arthur, Francis Bacon and all the other historical English figures in relation to Glastonbury Tor and it's reported and legendary connection to the Holy Grail and Joseph of Arimathea and Mary Magdelene who reportedly brought the Holy Grail to this location before King Arthur was born.







No comments: