Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Insight from the Dalai Lama

begin quote from "Insight from the Dalai Lama Calendar 2014" (Sat/Sun 4/5)

We all appreciate in others the inner qualities of kindness, patience, tolerance, forgiveness, and generosity, and in the same way we are averse to displays of greed, malice, hatred, and bigotry. So actively promoting the positive inner qualities of the human heart that arise from our core disposition toward compassion, and learning to combat our more destructive propensities, will be appreciated by all.

end quote from the Dalai Lama

next day quote: "The first beneficiaries of such a strenthening of our inner values will, no doubt, be ourselves."

After working on this type of inner work on myself since I was 15 to 17 years of age(1963 to 1965) when I decided the best thing I could do for myself and mankind was to become enlightened I totally agree with this statement because it is my experience too. When you act in kindness in a wise way and a right mindful way life takes care of you too always. It might not do it when you expect but life always takes care of those who are kind and wise about their thoughts and actions towards themselves and all life around them.

No comments: