Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World: 1963 (the movie)

 This movie is likely the funniest movie I ever saw in my life up to this time 1963. I literally laughed right out of my seat on the aisle and fell down the aisle I was laughing so hard at this movie. Some friends of mine (about 4 of us at that time) saw this at Cinerama Dome in Hollywood. One of my friends there was a cameraman on this movie. If you really want to see the humor of the 20th Century up to 1963 in one movie this is the one movie to see it all in. It has all the rawness of the 20th Century including World War I and II up to that time. People actually were a lot like these ways of thinking then. So, this made it even funnier to watch.

After reading about the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood I realized I must have watched this movie during my Christmas vacation from High School later in December 1963.

Cinerama Dome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinerama_Dome
Pacific Theatres's Cinerama Dome is a movie theater located at 6360 Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood, California. Designed to present widescreen Cinerama ...

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World - IMDb

www.imdb.com/title/tt0057193/
Rating: 7.5/10 - ‎23,126 votes
Directed by Stanley Kramer. With Spencer Tracy, Milton Berle, Ethel Merman, Mickey Rooney. The dying words of a thief spark a madcap cross-country rush to ...

No comments: