Saturday, December 30, 2017

I don't think this year will be a fluke temporary ice age but you get the idea this year how it might be possible

Yes. This is a completely fluke year regarding snow in places like Erie Pennsylvania and other places. However, with likely a foot more snow coming soon you get the idea of how if you get enough snow it might not melt off. In 1992 in the Winter in Mt. Shasta city in California it snowed 12 feet of snow in Town and in the mountains when they plowed the road up to Bunny Flats there were up to 40 feet of snow at around 7000 feet where I like to ski. The problem was all I could see was the top 5 feet of the very tallest pine and fir trees. At one point my friend and I were on Mountaineering metal edged skis that you can either walk in or ski in with special bindings. He is around 5 foot 10 and I'm about 6 feet 5 inches so I weigh a lot more than He does. So, I would have been in my 40s or 50s then and when I tried to follow him on the cornice between two trees on my skis I fell through down about 10 feet next to a tall tree and found myself standing on a tree branch because trees tend to melt out the snow around them about 3 feet because of their temperature but also because their branches shed the snow outwards away from them as long as the tree is big enough not to be bent over by the increasing snow.

So, likely I still would be there if my friend hadn't heard me call out and he came back and I handed out my skis one by one and I climbed up the tree and he gave me a hand and I got out of there. But, I wouldn't have been able to do this alone.

If I was in my 20s or 30s this would have been great fun but in your 40s and 50s you really don't need that much adventure.

So, just like the 40 feet at 7000 feet in 1992 and the 12 feet of snow at 3500 feet in the city of Mt. Shasta in 1992, the 6 feet of snow in Erie Pennsylvania and the fires in CAlifornia and the hurricane damage in TExas, Florida and Puerto Rico and throughout the Carribean show us now what Global Warming has in store for us this year. But, next year it will be likely worse in some ways than this year was worldwide. And so on!

No comments: