Called Meltdown and Spectre, the flaws exist in processors, a building block of computers that acts as the brain. Modern processors are designed to perform something called "speculative execution." That means they predict what tasks they will be asked to execute and rapidly access multiple areas of memory at the same time.
That data is
supposed to be protected and isolated, but researchers discovered that
in some cases, the information can be exposed while the processor queues
Researchers say almost every computing system --
desktops, laptops, smartphones, and cloud servers -- is affected by the
Spectre bug. Meltdown appears to be specific to Intel ( chips. )
"More specifically, all modern processors capable of keeping many
instructions in flight are potentially vulnerable. In particular, we
have verified Spectre on Intel, AMD, and ARM processors," the
end partial quote from:
Meltdown, Spectre: Major chip flaws affect billions of devices
So basically this means that if you don't have an Intel chip you only have Spectre problems. But if you do have an Intel Chip you have both Spectre and Meltdown problems potentially.
And if you didn't before, as younger hackers learn about this flaw you are sure to have both problems pretty quickly now worldwide in all devices, especially as governments like Russia and China spend millions or billions to steal all your financial and personal passwords and information through this method. North Korea is another Government who would love to capitalize on this information too.
Because after all, Why nuke a country when you can steal all their money and destroy their democracy just using the internet and nothing else?
This is the reality of all computer devices connected to the Internet Today!
There are no safe devices on the Internet anymore. This is just reality folks.
What is the solution? There is no permanent solution only temporary ones.
The temporary solution is to change the basic engineering in all chips on earth.
But, here's the thing "THERE IS NO PERMANENT SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM NOW OF VULNERABILITY OF ALL COMPUTER DEVICES CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.
IT'S NO LONGER A PERMANENTLY SOLVABLE PROBLEM EVER!
THE ONLY PERMANENT SOLUTION WOULD BE TO END THE INTERNET PERMANENTLY.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- Elon Musk - Wikipedia
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- reprint of Fred's Magnetosphere Theory
- What is a GUI? (It is a very quick way to get from one web page to another) (without having to type in many words and numbers)
- How Crowdsourcing Is Shaping the Future of Everything - Entrepreneur
- Jakarta Is Sinking So Fast, It Could End Up Underwater
- More than half of all web traffic is made up of bots.