Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Mosaic (on HBO) is a "Who Done it"

You start this series on HBO thinking "I really would like to care about or even like the part "Sharon Stone" plays. After all, she has started the Mosaic foundation for children regarding her "1 hit wonder" children's book she wrote from a dream one night 26 years ago.

However, you cannot believe how "Push me pull you" she is with men? You think, wouldn't someone 50 or 60 years old, obviously once a very very beautiful woman have gotten beyond this stage of basically aggravating every man she meets in some way, shape or form?

It's almost like she is TRYING to get one of them to kill her because she is afraid of growing old alone. So, it is like watching a woman just daring one of her potential lovers to kill her. But, a whole bunch of people wanted her dead as you move through this series and this makes it even more interesting.

So, when she winds up a corpse (This is where it gets interesting) you have so many potential murderers that grow by the leaps and bounds throughout this movie. So, at first you think there are ONLY TWO suspects but then the list grows and grows and by then you just HAVE TO KNOW who the real culprit is.

I watched the first episode (I had recorded the first 4 from HBO), stopped after the first one because I just couldn't deal with the Sharon Stone (Olivia Lake) character. Realized I was too intrigued on one level to give it up and by the middle to end of the 2nd episode I was hooked.

So, I wound up watching all the episodes (the 4 I had recorded the previous night or two) and was up until 1AM or 1:30AM last night and was pretty happy with myself because I didn't have any appointments today so this was really fun to watch this good a "who done it".

Thought about staying up to watch the eclipse and set two alarms but couldn't wake up for it when it happened and then my wife got up at 5:40 and said there was a "Blood MOON' in eclipse so I watched it for awhile out my bathroom window and finally went back to sleep.

This afternoon two more episodes of "Mosaic" are supposed to record so I'm going to have something interesting to watch tonight.

It's really amazing how something that starts out so strange winds up being so very entertaining in the end.

No comments: