I woke up and looked at the Weather radar and saw it was going to start snowing pretty good which it did around 4 or 5 am. It was very icy last night and I had to be very careful after going out to eat at a restaurant with friends just going from my 4 wheel drive truck into my hotel.
I woke up this morning hearing snow plows driving by and looked out and they were plowing the parking areas around the hotel.
Here's what Caltrans says right now about Interstate 5 if you are traveling north from Los Angeles, Sacramento, or the San Francisco area or from wherever.
begin partial quote from:
[IN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
IS CLOSED TO NORTHBOUND TRAFFIC 10 MI NORTH OF REDDING /AT FAWNDALE/
(SHASTA CO) - DUE TO A JACKKNIFED BIG RIG - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN
CHAINS OR SNOW TIRES ARE REQUIRED FROM 3 MI SOUTH OF DUNSMUIR TO DUNSMUIR
CHAINS OR SNOW TIRES ARE REQUIRED FROM 4 MI NORTH OF DUNSMUIR TO 2 MI NORTH
OF MT SHASTA (SISKIYOU CO)
CHAINS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL VEHICLES EXCEPT 4-WHEEL-DRIVE VEHICLES WITH SNOW
TIRES ON ALL 4 WHEELS FROM 3 MI NORTH TO 8 MI NORTH OF YREKA (SISKIYOU CO)
PLEASE RESEARCH CHAIN CONTROL LOCATIONS AS CALTRANS IS CURRENTLY WORKING TO
UPDATE CHAIN CONTROL DESCRIPTIONS FOR CONSISTENCY WITH INTERNET MAPPING,
LIKE GOOGLE MAPS & MAPQUEST.
A HIGH WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM WEED TO YREKA (SISKIYOU CO)
- TRAVEL IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CAMPERS, TRAILERS OR PERMIT LOADS
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- Coronavirus cases spike as China sacks senior officials
- February 3 coronavirus news
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- An Increase of 15,000 cases of Coronavirus in China in one day!
- The Radical Possibilities of Not Paying Your Student Loans
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265