Wednesday, January 31, 2018

There is nothing useful to be afraid of

I think I fully understood this when I did a vision quest in 1983 on the side of the Trinity River in Northern California.

Why?

I realized even if you have no water and no food for 4 days (or longer) you might survive it.

After this experience I realized if you have reasonably good mental and physical health, there is absolutely NOTHING to be afraid of ever.

All the things that people are afraid of are mostly completely useless to be afraid of.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt once said, "There is nothing to fear but fear itself!" and I completely agree with this statement.

One can be concerned about the health of oneself or others but even that isn't worth getting afraid.

Why?

Because once you get afraid enough this becomes a chemical imbalance in your brain and then that becomes serious.

So, learning to never be afraid in your life is an important thing to learn to do.

For example, if you are over 40 or 50 panic is just going to kill you and that's all.

Panic is a form of fear that kills.

So, the sooner you learn to not be afraid no matter what the better off you are going to be.

Now, what I'm saying here is not that you shouldn't be afraid and get out of the way quikcly if someone is trying to kill you with a car, a knife, a gun or anything else. BUT, as soon as you save yourself from that, there is absolutely no reason you shouldn't  just calm right down again and to move on in your life.

So, learning to stay calm and controlled and not panicking no matter what is likely what keeps most people alive to old age right there.

For example, I learned how to meditate while I was passing out over and over again from a heart virus and this was one of the things that saved my life between fall 1998 and May 1999.

Learning to not ever give into fear is how people live to old age by the way.

By God's Grace

No comments: