Thursday, January 25, 2018

Portals on Mt. Shasta

When I was 22 in August of 1970 I climbed to the top of Mt. Shasta with three friends. 3 of us made it to the top and one didn't that day. Mt. Shasta is the hardest easy climb or the easiest hard climb of mountains over 14,000 feet in the U.S. by the way.

The hard part is if you take the Sierra Club Route up the valley past Lake Helen (not actually a lake because it usually has snow there year around most years) because it is at around 10,000 feet on the climb up. But, at Red Banks you have to climb up a rope I hear to get to the top of the red banks cliffs. I chose to go to the left of this straight up a glacier but I had an ice axe and crampons so I was okay. The only problem was that I passed out summiting the glacier cornice from pushing so hard but it was okay because I just had made it over to where it flattened out some and then rescued a seagull when I came to, that couldn't take off at that altitude because the air is too thin for normal takeoff of a bird. So, I chased the bird over the cornice cliff of the glacier and watched him fall a couple hundred feet before there was enough air pressure for him to fly back down to a normal sea gull altitude. Likely an air current had dumped him on a flatter area between 12,000 and 13,000 feet on the mountain.

However, many hours before this I woke up cold at Sierra Club emergency lodge camped outside in a sleeping bag then in August. I hadn't brought enough warm clothing to spend the whole night there ( I was 22 remember) and so I got up and told my buddies I was going to start the climb early at about 2:30Am.

However, about 1/2 mile to 1 mile above Sierra Club emergency lodge I saw it in the dark under the stars. IT was completely unexpected.

I had this experience alone and it is difficult to talk about because there is no common reference among human beings that I know of in all languages, either regarding religion or cultural or both.

I could tell you I saw a "Burning Bush" like Moses did and likely you would understand that because it is quite likely this is what he saw too and it forever changed him the way it changed me too.

I could tell you it looked like the old Star Trek Series in the "Transporter" room when the lights shimmered and people beamed down to a planet or to another spaceship and that would be true too.

Today, my friend told me he had had this experience twice, the first time was 2 years after I did 1972 also on Mt. Shasta and the second time was 4 years ago. However, unlike me he was with someone else when it happened both times.

Somehow I felt very comforted that I was not the only person except for Moses on Mt. Sinai to have this kind of experience.

And he called it a "Portal" which makes sense because my description of the Transporter on Star Trek perfectly fits this description too.

When I saw it, (Likely you wouldn't notice it in the daylight  but because it was night I saw it there. I walked over to it thinking at the time that it was an angel or the leader of my religion now past away greeting me somehow.

But now, 50 years later I know this experience permanently changed my life forever. How?

For me, It brought the infinite Gift and Grace of the Holy Spirit. It brought Amazing supernatural gifts. It brought me to where I was afraid I was going to "Catch fire and burn up" within a week and then it went from being wonderful to potentially life threatening.

After I telepathed with it for awhile it said telepathically to me, "You need to leave now or you will be damaged by being too near me for too long. I obeyed believing it was an angel or spiritual leader now passed away or both when I was then 22 in August 1970.

But, either way it was a portal that forever changed my life ever since. Was I damaged by this portal?

No. in the long run I was changed by this portal by exposure to the holy spirit and many supernatural gifts. It's like this. If someone gave you a UFO or rocket ship or race car or something like that are you going to survive this gift alone?

That might be the real question here. Are you compassionate and adaptable enough and resourceful enough and in God's Grace enough to even survive this?

I don't know the answer to this question for you. Only you and God can answer this.

By God's Grace

So, I found a way to survive this and myself and to get married and have a son and start businesses until I got to right here in 2018 right now. And I walked away from it as it asked me to so I wouldn't be damaged by being near it too long and climbed the mountain to the top as a spiritual quest with tears of gratitude to God for the amazing experience he had given me at 2:30 AM in August in 1970.

No comments: