If you haven't turned 65 yet but expect to some day I can say you are in for a very strange treat.
First of all, you cannot be accepted by any other health insurance provider completely after the day you turn 65. I found this very strange. For example, I have gone to two health care providers and one found my medicare account and one couldn't. So, for example, the pharmacy found my account and I had to pay about 10% or 20% as much for my medicines as before going on medicare. This was pretty good. However, then I cut my leg on a bedframe in a hotel about a week ago and had to make sure today it wasn't infecting. They couldn't find my medicare account because medicare hasn't sent me a card yet. So, I guess I'm supposed to fill out some card in the next few days or something in regard to that place. So, medicare is like nothing you have ever experienced before. Very strange but also interesting because of the medicine discounts from the pharmacy so far.
If you are already on Social Security before you turn 65 parts A and B are automatic but all the other parts are not automatic so be sure to set those up on your own with your insurance broker. But, if you are not on Social Security by 65 you have to set it up yourselves so don't forget to do that because none of your other private health insurance will work after the month your turn age 65 in the U.S. otherwise.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Blumenthal urges House to pass Russia sanctions amid "extreme urgency" in Ukraine
- Myasthenia gravis is not considered more prevalent overall in Middle Eastern populations compared to global rates, but regional studies note that patients in Arab countries often develop the condition at a younger age.
- The most interesting fact for me regarding the last 3 articles:
- Victims' families remember Nazi ship sunk with prisoners on board
- “Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity they think of you.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- This is part of my research for learning about when the last small ice age was between 10,000 and 20,000 years ago in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
- Rare 1930s Watch Stashed in Old Jewelry Box Sells for $80,000 in Thrilling UK Auction
- It all makes much more sense if you see humans as domesticated Animals rather than something else
- NASA launches its Roman Space Telescope to explore the hidden universe
- is everyone okay after flash flooding in Grand Canyon?
Thursday, May 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment