For me, this movie is the most amazing movie since "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon". Even though 47 Ronin takes place in Japan and Crouching Tiger takes place in ancient China, both have the same kind of magical warrior like honor type of feel to them. In 47 Ronin it is about Samurai who are disgraced who are findng honor even though they know it will lead to their deaths one way or another according to the old Bushido code.
This movie will transport you to another time, another place and definitely to another culture that we don't really live in here in the U.S. It is beautiful, terrifying and amazingly satisfying to view such warriors, such magic and such order which is basically unknown in the present world.
Would I like to live in such a world? Of course not. But, it definitely harkens back to a mythical time when things were like this historically.
Here is what Wikipedia says about Bushido:
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Coronavirus cases spike as China sacks senior officials
- February 3 coronavirus news
- The Radical Possibilities of Not Paying Your Student Loans
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- An Increase of 15,000 cases of Coronavirus in China in one day!