Monday, December 30, 2013

Ask to Be a Custodian of Wealth

Being raised Middle Class is often the ideal way to be raised. So, you have enough but not too much. A Middle class life allows a person to meet enough both poor people, rich people and yet mostly middle class people so you actually have perspective on all the classes of people in your country. You have enough without the problem that come with having too much.

I was always grateful for being raised lower middle class and Middle Class during my life because this was always my experience growing up. Though I had a bicycle from age 5 continuously growing up I knew many children who didn't have these things. Though my family always owned at least one car or truck or more at a time I knew many families who didn't own a car or own their own homes.

As I grew up with my parents also running a church from the time I was 6 to 12 years old I watched my parents conduct many Memorials as older devout people in the church passed away. This also gave me perspective into the temporary nature of life here on earth.

So, my values I would say mixed blue collar with white collar. So, though I experienced where the rubber met the road my face wasn't burnt from rubbing against the road like some people.

So, as a result of all this I didn't see the point of becoming rich. I saw rich people as the flip side of very poor people with similar though opposite psychological problems. So, in some ways very poor and very rich people both had pretty serious psychological problems as I saw it.

It wasn't until my 40s that I finally saw that I could be a custodian of wealth. So, I had been praying for the Leisure to Practice from having studied Tibetan Buddhism in the U.S. , India and Nepal starting around 1980. Finally, I reached out to God in my 40s and said, "Please make me a custodian of Wealth as I feel I'm ready to be a service to you."

God granted my request in ways I likely wouldn't have believed before this. What my conception of what I was doing I wouldn't have understood when I asked for this. But, slowly but surely God taught me what he wanted me to do every day.

I realized I didn't like rich people so I had to get over this prejudice and realize that they were just people too and just trying to survive with slightly different parameters than anyone else. I realized that money (even if you have a lot of it) you cannot spend it all or you won't have any anymore. You can only spend the interest and never the principal. However, you can also help a lot of people with the interest along the way as long as you are very very careful how you do this.

So, God made me a custodian of wealth but what this actually was wasn't anything I would have understood before. It is an entirely different thing completely.

I actually discovered what actual wealth is  which is amazing people. The financial part is only like the icing on the cake. God makes certain people rich because they have "The Right Stuff". Those who don't have "The Right Stuff" spend all their money and then they are poor once again. But, those who have the right stuff invest their money well and with the interest and dividends help other people when they can.

Ask God to become a Custodian of Wealth when you are ready to do this and to be of service to Him. You will be completely surprised at what happens then every day.

No comments: