Friday, December 27, 2013

Apple's iOS Was More Popular on Christmas Day Than Google's Android

Apple's iOS Was More Popular on Christmas Day Than Google's Android

Auto World News - ‎1 hour ago‎
Apple Inc. CEO Tim Cook introduces iOS7 during the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2013 in San Francisco, California. (Photo : Reuters).
IBM Survey Reveals Smartphones Drove Online Holiday Traffic
More Americans shopped on their phones on Christmas
Apple's iOS Outshone Google's Android In Christmas Shopping In The US: IBM - by Kukil Bora

Apple’s iOS Was More Popular on Christmas Day Than Google's Android

Dec 27, 2013 04:09 PM EST | Matt Mercuro (m.mercuro@autoworldnews.com)
iOS 7
Apple Inc. CEO Tim Cook introduces iOS7 during the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2013 in San Francisco, California. (Photo : Reuters)
It seems Apple's operating system won the Christmas showdown against Android as 23 percent of all e-commerce orders were placed on the big holiday by using iOS.
Just four percent of all orders were done so while using an Android operating system, according to research collected by IBM.
Like Us on Facebook
Consumers using an Apple device like an iPhone 5 or 5S spent more per order as well, purchasing approximately $94 worth of items per transaction.
Android customers spent just $48 per transaction, according to the data.
"It would be sort of interesting to know whether or not these shopping excursion were being driven through a basic browser or if they were actually being enabled by a retail app," Charles King, principal analyst at Pund-IT, said in a statement, according to Sci-Tech.com. "That didn't shake out in this report."
Smartphones in general increased online holiday traffic by nearly 28.5 percent, compared to tablet devices which increased 18.1 percent, according to IBM.
Tablet devices helped increase holiday sales by 19 percent, which is almost twice the amount smartphones brought in (9.3 percent.)
"Mobile traffic was the highest we've seen over this holiday season, accounting for 48 percent of all online traffic, up 28.3 percent compared to the same period last year," IBM reported about sales on Christmas. "Mobile sales also remained strong, approaching 29 percent of all online sales, up 40 percent over 2012."
Data also showed that online shopping increased 16 percent on Christmas Day when compared to last year's holiday.
  end quote from:

Apple's iOS Was More Popular on Christmas Day Than Google's Android

I think the main reason for this is that IOS is more intuitive and easier to use even though it is more likely to be snooped upon by governments and everyone else at this point. For example, if you have Apple Laptops or stationary Imacs, Ipads and then an Ipod or Iphone they are very easy to use. However, you need a little more preparation to attempt the use of an Android device. Though it gives more freedom than an Apple product it is also more techy and takes more time to be proficient with. So, basically Apple is just more user friendly for people who aren't techs already and aren't really interested in becoming more techy. 

I have had an Iphone which I accidentally ran through the wash a year ago or so. I replaced it with an Ipad with it's own phone number so I could go online anywhere there is cell phone service. I also got a free LG Android smartphone that I still use. The main problem I have with my android is that my pictures aren't compatible with my Macbook Pro 15 inch laptop. So, I basically have gone back to my camera for pictures and stopped taking pictures with my Android completely which is kind of sad. However, most places I travel to I take my computer backpack and my laptop, Ipad, and android smartphone along with my digital camera. Since the Macbook pro has a chip plug in on the side for the kind of chip my camera takes I can always download within seconds to minutes any pictures I take into my macbook pro laptop. So, the picture problem has become less and less. But, if I was to buy another phone I would get an Iphone 5 at this point. However, I'm still okay with my LG android. I like the alarms on the LG and many other features it has even though it took more time to understand it  (by about 5 to 10 times) than understanding any Iphone.


No comments: