Trump urges Russia to hack Clinton’s emails

Embed Share
Play Video1:14
Republican U.S. presidential nominee Donald Trump says it's 'far-fetched' and 'ridiculous' to say Russia hacked Democratic Party emails to help him become president. (Reuters)

Democrats prepared to use their convention Wednesday night to raise fresh doubts about Donald Trump’s fitness to serve as commander in chief, as the Republican presidential candidate called on Russia to hack into Hillary Clinton’s email server to find “missing” messages and release them to the public.
“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press,” Trump said during a news conference at his South Florida resort on Wednesday.
“They probably have them. I’d like to have them released. It gives me no pause, if they have them, they have them,” Trump added later when asked if his comments were inappropriate. “If Russia or China or any other country has those emails, I mean, to be honest with you, I’d love to see them.”
The Clinton campaign quickly expressed alarm at Trump’s remarks.