Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Blackfoot Sioux Medicine Man

Truth in life is often much stranger than fiction. But, then again, this is often what makes life so amazing to live every single day isn't it.

I remember saying to people at age 25 "Wow! Maybe my whole life is just going to be a long series of girlfriends."

But, the next year from saying this I was married with a son then in 1974. So, life takes us places we never ever would have expected.

To me, this is one of the wonderful things regarding my life because it has been a surprise always from beginning to end. With this in mine when I start recounting this I'm 32 years old in 1980 and I was a single parent father of a 5 year old son who I had raised without my then ex-wife's help for since 1977 already.

Then I married a lady who was also divorced with two kids also. She had spent time with native American encampments and understood non-duality.

Jewish, Christian and Islam religions live in a duality many times. However, intellectually I had realized for a long time that duality only works really when you want to train your child (at about 2 1/2 years of age) not to run out the front door of your house into traffic and get hit by a car. When I grew up this was accomplished by scaring the hell out of your child. But, as one gets older duality sort of becomes ridiculous because ultimate good and bad don't really exist. Instead as you mature you are naturally confronted with infinite shades of Gray in decisions you make because Good and bad often don't exist as clear cut choices to make in life.

A Good way to put this is think about the weather.

Is rain good or bad?
Is snow good or bad?
Is wind good or bad?
Is heat good or bad?
Is cold good or bad?

That's right. It completely depends upon the circumstance of the person or persons facing any of these things.
So, to try to face these things dualistically people generally would just laugh at you if you are an adult. And with good reason.

You cannot say Always that any of these things are ultimately good or bad. And most things on earth are like this in multiple ways. So, when you try to apply dualism to most things in life you just become a laughing stock because life just isn't like that most of the time.

Only once in a while is anything really absolutely good or bad.

For example, if someone gets hit by a car and their arms and legs fly off and their heads flies off you not only know they are dead but you know this is very very bad.

But, if you are God this might not be bad to you because maybe you had some purpose in all this. So, even then if you look at it from God's eyes maybe something else is true.

So, for me at 32 getting involved in a non-dualistic religion whether it was a Native American religion or Tibetan Buddhism was a little scary for me growing up with parents who were Christian Mystic Ministers in the church I was raised in.

However, it was time for me to move on into a more practical compassionate way of viewing everything.

I had realized that elitism (like dualism tends to breed) is it's own form of black magic and is very limited in scope of understanding life in the universe. I also saw the harm it had done through Slavery in the U.S. and to underclasses here in the U.S. and around the world.

So, I was ready to grow as a person through compassion of myself and all beings as a criteria instead.

So, when God sent me first a Tibetan Lama and then through this empowerment and initiation also a Native American Medicine man to study with I was pretty amazed at all this.

However, I must say that embarking on a path of compassion through both these forms of religion empowered me completely to be where I am today which is also amazing.

So, when I say to you if you want real power to benefit life on behalf of God, go with compassion for yourself and all beings.

Power is not limited then in any way because you are acting as the good parent of all living things in the universe. And as one of their parents your motivation is pure and clear in how you are able to help and gifts beyond your imagination will automatically follow.

By God's Grace

No comments: