Sunday, November 29, 2020

Healing yourself through writing

We all have many wounds some physical and some mental or emotional or both. And finding ways to heal yourself from what has happened to you during your life is often difficult. However, if you can tell the story (in some form) of what happened to you through your writing (sometimes in a way that doesn't take it directly to you if it is too personal) then you can begin to heal yourself.

For example, many of the issues that Arcane is dealing with I was trying to help myself heal when I wrote about Arcane by placing this on another planet in another time. However, what was amazing to me was that I realized almost 20 years later that this was a past life in the future that I had already lived when I was expecting to likely die during 1998 and 1999 from a heart virus. The doctors didn't know if I would survive this or not. So, as I prepared to die I realized that the story of Arcane was actually a real life experience and not fictional. And that many of the problems Arcane has I have also had to deal with in this lifetime too though in a completely different way and in a new context in my life here growing up on earth.

So, often when you write you are trying to heal yourself in deep ways from the traumas of your own life whether you realize this is what you are doing or not. It can be a way to heal yourselves so you can live longer lives and happier lives.

One of the things helpful can be to take full responsibility for everything in our lives that ever happened to us when we are adults.

One of the most debilitating things is to go through life blaming every one else and never taking any responsibility for anything that ever happened to you in your life. Being a full adult and reparenting yourself even when you think many others failed you in various ways can be very healthy.

Most people tend to try to do their best with children but it's true some people are completely dysfunctional as parents. But, even then blaming everyone and not reparenting yourself can relegate a person to becoming a dysfunctional child in an adult body for life.

So, reparenting yourself to wholeness is what I found I had to do. My parents meant well of course but then again they had to survive World War II, the Great Depression and all that. Just surviving that AT ALL was a really big thing. So, I give my parents credit for doing their best by me which they did. But, after my son was born I knew I didn't want my son raised like I had been in the 1950s either. He wasn't born until 1974 and I wanted something different and better for him than my experience.

Did I succeed? Yes and no, just like all parents. We do our best because that is all we can do. Every parent makes mistakes and hopefully different mistakes than their parents made along the way.

I think that's the best people can generally do which is to NOT make the same exact mistakes that their parents made with them.

So, write and heal yourselves over time if you can.

By God's Grace

No comments: