Friday, November 27, 2020

My wife and I watched the 2nd Kurt Russell Christmas movie tonight on Netflix

At first I thought it was going to be kind of silly. But, it had a pretty good message in the end about how to overcome teenage rebellion and moving on with your life and family. I found myself tearing up some with this movie especially because of coronavirus and not seeing my 24 year old daughter now since last February and might not see her until April 2021 or later. I saw my 46 year old son in July with his family in Mt. Shasta when they drove down from Portland but still haven't seen my 24 year old daughter since February. But, my older daughter and her husband live in Santa Barbara now so they came up for Thanksgiving this week with us but left today for home. So, this was the right movie and was cathartic for my wife and I to move on now into December and Christmas and all that. 

Finding hope is important this Christmas season with people dying all around us. Luckily, at least none of the people we know have died yet but one is in the hospital so far at least. some states have 1 out of every 1000 people in the states testing positive at this point.

I'm grateful for the suffering I went through in the 1950s and 1960s because it prepared me for now. But, younger people who have had easy lives likely are having a tough time about now. Survival isn't about having everything you want. Survival is having enough so you don't die. This is what I have to say about surviving these times.

By God's Grace 

No comments: