Saturday, November 28, 2020

I didn't read my Stats page until 2011 even though I started this site in 2007

I wrote the Cessna 152 article mostly because I had soloed in one around 1989 I believe at Watsonville Airport. I thought about taking flying lessons at an airport with a tower but people told me it greatly reduces your time in the air and the expense of your license to learn at an airport with a tower where all flights are controlled by the tower of when they take off and land.

But, when I first read my stats page I was greatly surprised at what my readers actually were interested in. Before that I mostly just wrote and compiled as I pleased. But then, after seeing what my readers liked the most I began to give them more of what they seemed to want when I could find it. This way I could have a lot of readers and also be blogging about what I was interested in too. 

So, learning about being a Blogger on all levels is a multi year process (at least it was for me). Because my first blog was in June of 1999 when I recovered from a heart virus that doctors weren't sure I was going to survive. Then in 2007 I started another blog here because here I didn't have to program it in HTML and this took about 90% or more less time to use auto-encoders instead of having to program everything in HTML.

Over time your statistics are going to change through the years. For example, you might have one article that stands out or two like I have had now for several years that people keep reading and reading worldwide for various reasons. If you look to the word buttons to the left of this page almost every article to your left has been number one for 1 month to 6 months to a year or more in the past for one reason or another. As a blogger you don't always know why an article goes viral. Sometimes you are suspicious of why it goes viral but you don't really know why thousands of people or more want to read a single article over time. The number of visits to this website is likely 5 to 10 million at least so far because for a long time the counters here at blogspot didn't go beyond about 2.5 million visits. So, for a long time every time I surpassed 2.5 million visits the counters would deduct about 100,000 or 200,000 visits from my site and then it would count up. This has happened at least 10 to 20 times during the last 5 to 7 years or so.

When my readership really took off and kept going out of sight was in 2011 during the Tsunami that hit Japan from the earthquake when Fukushima Nuclear power plant melted down into the ground in two different reactors so it will leak into the ocean for the next 25,000 to 50,000 years because of this. One of these two reactors was reprocessing weapons grade plutonium so this is the one that will radiate into all the oceans of the world the most during the next 25,000 to 50,000 years ongoing.

My readership took off when I advocated Crowd Sourcing using geiger counters regarding individuals drinking water and food and earth where they lived in Japan or anywhere else on earth where people were concerned about the radiation. This is when my readership took off and continued ever since worldwide.



My most read article at that time was this one:

 

No comments: