Sunday, November 21, 2021

Have compassion for yourself and others during these times

Like I have said many times before I'm grateful for the insanity of the 1950s with soldiers with PTSD coming home from World War II and then the Korean War too.

Seeing the insanity of people then and how as children almost anyone on the streets was allowed to beat us for literally any reason imaginable real or imagined I had been beaten by adult males just playing with my friends next door that I didn't know before they beat me.

This wasn't what I was used to in Seattle but this was in Vista, California and I had just moved there at age 4 with my parents. No one was there to protect me.

But, like many things the insanity of the 1950s helps me now deal with the craziness of the times of Covid.

I think the only thing you can compare to the Covid times too might be a little like when there was polio and when AIDS started.

Only because this is Air Born it is 1000 times worse in the craziness in it's effects upon people.

Like we have people dying of covid in hospitals now that believe it is a fake disease even as they die from it. They don't believe Covid is real AS they die from it.

That's pretty crazy you have to admit.

But, that's the first step in Grief: Denial 

So, it's not surprising in the sense that when people hit grief if they aren't used to processing their feelings the first reaction is denial.

So, we need to have compassion for those now dying from denial worldwide. We need to have compassion for ourselves because maybe we got our covid shots and got our boosters too.

The people in denial without shots might not survive all this so we should pray for them rather than hate them for spreading Covid more around the world and creating worse variables for us to try to survive.

So, having compassion for ourselves and the people refusing to get vaccinated might be important now if any of us actually want to still be alive 10 years from now.

By God's Grace 

No comments: