Saturday, November 6, 2021

I lived off and on in Mt. Shasta from 1976 until 1992

Though I visited there a lot especially summers and winters there in Mt. Shasta before 1976, 1976 began with my first wife and baby trying to actually live there and making a living there. Living there and all the friends I made there over the years from 1976 to 1992 especially really changed my life a lot over time. The main reason I haven't lived there since 1992 is that my present wife is more of a city girl and not a country girl like my 2 previous wives were. Also, my present wife used to feel threatened that I lived in Mt. Shasta with my first two wives and children too. Now I have been married to my 3rd wife since 1995 this has all faded away mostly. However, now I'm acclimatized to living in warmer winter weather than the very cold weather of mt. Shasta in the winter time now I'm 73 and cold weather makes my joints hurt if I'm living in that all the time. But, I still visit Mt. Shasta for about a week or more at a time 4 or more times a year even though I no longer own land or a home up there anymore since around 1990.

I'm alive now mostly because I lived there in Mt. Shasta off and on from 1976 until 1992 by the way too. Especially, 1980 to 1985 when my 2nd wife and I bought 2 1/2 acres and I built an A-Frame for my older kids and wife and I to live in with a spectacular view of Mt. Shasta and a spring for water on the land too. 

No comments: