Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Why do I like Crocs? Because I wanted to be able to keep skiing into my 70s

Because I have CHF I was losing a lot of feeling in my feet about 10 years ago and I realized unless I changed something I wouldn't have enough feeling in my feet to ski or maybe even to walk much longer.

So, I discovered Crocs which massage your feet every step you take. It's true if you are going to wear them all the time like I mostly do year around you need to replace them (I buy two pairs at a time online) about every 3 months. I used to be able to buy a pair for about 39.99 but that supplier doesn't sell size 17 crocs like the size I prefer to wear. So, I had to now buy at the Crocs website.

I used to buy at 2 Big Feet which is where I could get them for 39.99 a pair but now the only place I have found to buy the bigger sizes up to 17 is the Crocs website itself. But, you can also get a new color called Tie Die which looked interesting too. There are even signature crocs like ones designed by Justin Bieber that I have seen made now too.

Basically, you might not want to go climbing mountains in any serious way with crocs but if you want a great water shoe that's it. I can walk through rivers often with crocs on and what is great about them is that they tend to float because of the air bubbles in them since they are made of a rubber foam kind of material that tends to float. So, if you are like Kayaking or something and your crocs get out of your kayak and off your feet they still float so you can find them easily floating on the surface of a lake. However, don't try to walk with them on through deep mud because you will lose them. 

The other thing with Crocs is if it's raining it can get slippery so you might either go barefoot or get some shoe that will grip the ground better in the rain. The more tread your crocs have the more traction you will have. So, the worst is an old croc with no tread at all left when you are trying to walk in the rain.

But, I wear them to the beach almost every day then kick them off and walk barefoot on the beach almost every day while walking my dog. then I put them on through places where my feet might get injured as I walk back to my car. Then I go to a faucet and wash off my crocs and the sand out of my crocs and off my feet outside so I don't track sand into the house.

Crocs are wonderful and unless you are trying to walk on snow or it gets too cold Crocs are great in places like California year around. But, if I'm walking through snow I wear my felt lined Sorels which look like this:

You can buy these online for around 170 dollars. They will keep your feet dry and warm even if you are standing in a foot of snow!

They are rubber up to your ankles and then leather from there up and felt lined so even when you are standing in like I said a foot of snow your feet stay warm and toasty!


Men's Caribou™ Boot Men's Caribou™ Boot, front

 https://www.sorel.com/p/mens-caribou-boot-1950351.html?dwvar_1950351_color=242&pos=34

No comments: