Sunday, August 23, 2026

Coiled earphone wires can interfere with your pacemaker and make you feel sick if you put them in your heart pocket

 Not everyone uses Wireless headphones with Bluetooth.

I prefer the ones with wires because I'm old fashioned at age 78.

So, yesterday (for the 2nd time in 6 months) I forgot that a coiled copper wire set of earphones over the heart pocket in your shirt or night shirt can interfere with your pacemaker.

How does it do this?

Most electrical generation as well as electrical motors are based upon a coil of copper wire breaking a 

the magnetic fields of a magnet. This is true even in hydroelectric dams around the world too. 

However, solar power is gathered differently which reminds me a little more of photosynthesis like all plant life on earth uses converting sunlight into life on earth. So, without photosynthesis no life likely would exist on earth at all. 

However, a coil of copper wire is part of the basis of electrical generators and electric motors.

It's why you take your coiled outdoor 100 foot cord when it is rolled up (your 110 outdoor orange cord) and plug the male end into the female end because otherwise the electric cord can deteriorate in many different ways. This is called "continuity".

But, even a coiled set of earphone wire can therefore interfere with your pacemaker. I had one installed above my heart in a pocket of flesh there outside of my rib cage in 2020 during covid. And getting this done saved my life at the time from an irregular heartbeat and atrial fibrillation then. However, later I had to take Amiodarone for Atrial fibrillation  so I could stay alive which I have done now since 2022 in the fall after almost dying in the hospital then. So, they gave me a cardio conversion so my heart wouldn't stop from atrial fibrillation. Imagine A taser to the heart. This is basically what a cardio conversion is.

So, anyway,  I felt sick all day yesterday and couldn't figure out why I was so groggy and couldn't wake up very much at all which is how I felt all the time before I got my pacemaker and a little like how I felt before Amiodarone too. Finally last night I realized what I had accidentally done to make myself sick.

Though I had made this mistake once about 6 months ago I didn't put the two things together until last night I realized what I had done by putting a coiled set of wired earphones for my computer into my heart pocket so I hope I remember not to do this in the future too. 

I don't want to go through a day like yesterday again if possible.

Also, I didn't want you to have this experience either because if you have a pacemaker and do this for several days it might be fatal. (wearing your earphone wires in your heart pocket). 

No comments: