Sunday, August 23, 2026

It was nice and sunny when I woke up yesterday but today it's foggy again

So, at 9:45 AM it's presently 55 degrees here on the Northern California Coast. One of the main reasons that people live from about Big Sur, California north up into Canada on the Pacific Coast is that it usually stays much cooler in the summer and much warmer than inland in the winter too.

In fact, I would say the best year around climate I have seen is likely Santa Barbara on earth that I have seen so far though it can get pretty warm in the summers there too.

Like right now at 9:45 am it is presently 72 degrees there going to 79 degrees which means at least there is some sun likely to have it be that warm there today.

Whereas the average temperature year around where I live is about 60 degrees which is still pretty good for the California coast because it basically means it doesn't ever snow here because it seldom goes below 40 degrees even at night in the winter time.

So, the reason people live at the Pacific coast usually if they are into temperatures is because it doesn't snow that much until you get up into Oregon and further north on the coast usually. Even in Arcata and Eureka it usually doesn't ever snow. 

The general range of temperatures here is about 40 degrees to 80 degrees year around though you might get a 90 degree day one day a year but even that is relatively unusual and usually happens in September if it actually goes there. 

No comments: