Saturday, July 25, 2009

What it's like to be enlightened

There are probably an infinite amount of levels of enlightenment even for human beings. This is precisely because human beings are all fundamentally different in their intrinsic abilities. For example, you may or may not want a successful rock and roll musician to be President of the United States and vice versa.

But what they both have in common is that they are able to project charisma which is a very specific form of enlightenment. By projecting this charisma people like them and women fall in love with them. It's just how this aspect of enlightenment works.

Then there are other aspects of enlightenment that make good researchers. But literally everyone who is before the public fairly regularly and successful about it has the charisma projecting ability that likely comes genetically down through thousands of years of entertainers, musicians, medicine men and women, tribal leaders, lawyers, politicians and military generals etc.

So, all of us have some aspects of what I call enlightenment automatically and genetically built into us at birth. What we then do with these natural abilities decides what kind of enlightened being we will become.

So, from my personal point of view most aspects of enlightenment are there intrinisically, intuitively and instinctively from birth and maybe even before that.


So then, learning what your abilities are might be the most important thing you can do as a young person growing up. Often parents want us to be something we aren't suited to. So finding ones natural abilities early and moving with those abilities might make a person's life much happier and fulfilled. However, making yourself happy might make your family miserable. So this is always a catch 22 for all of us.

I tried to be what my family wanted until I was 21 and realized that doing what they wanted would only make me commit suicide by age 25. And so I went my own way. Luckily, even though my family complained a lot, we had unconditional love between us and so we remained close even though I didn't go the direction entirely that they originally wanted for me. But finding ones abilities early on then allows one to even desire to be alive and to live on. Later on one might marry and then be dedicated to wife and children. But unless you know who you are first it will be a mess even if you sacrifice everything for them and leave yourself destitute in an emotional and mental state in regard to your own wants and needs.

However, there is always another side to all this. There is a saying, "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade or Lemon Pie. In otherwords, "Life is what happens while we are all busy making other plans." Facing this fact for all of us leads to each of our enlightenment. Without being able to deal with anything one can never really be enlightened.

I think accepting all the good and the bad in life and understanding it for what it is is the real foundation for enlightenment for all of us. The only escape from life and enlightenment is suicide and I don't consider that an escape because I've seen the other side and believe me suicide is worse than anything you will face here unless you are terminal with a terminal disease. That would be the only exception I believe.

There is a joy and a peace in true enlightenment that I can't even adequately describe. I think my wife said it best. She said, "When I was single I had no idea just how happy I would be if I married the right person. I would have been very unhappy all those years if I had known just how happy I could actually be."

Enlightenment is a lot like that for me too. For example, having almost died now several times in my life death doesn't really hold the fear or sting it once did. It is just another part of life just like eating breakfast or going to the bathroom. It is inevitable so just enjoy the time you have. Be happy and be enlightened. It's a great life! Enjoy it!

No comments: