Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Joys of Ubuntu

Ubuntu is a completely free operating system built on the linux model. It has been designed by volunteers all over the world online so that ANYONE can have a free operating system for internet usage primarily. It is the best supported free linux version I have ever seen and reminds me of Firefox a lot except that Ubuntu is a full operating system just like Windows XP or other linux versions.

I just use it for internet usage only. I haven't downloaded enough extra programs that are available to use my printer for example. So I have an older laptop that runs Windows XP that my son partitioned so I can either run XP or run ubuntu. So, for example, while I was traveling I took my XP or Ubuntu partitioned laptop by Dell along since it is now about 3 or 4 years old. I left my daughter's Macbook home because it is too valuable in case it gets lost or stolen. So, in the hotel rooms with wifi or ethernet access I used the XP because it is compatable with the average wifi or ethernet hotel connections. At one hotel I couldn't even open firefox so I had to run internet Explorer instead so I did.

However, if I'm home I always run UBUNTU if I'm surfing the internet on my PC which I keep in my bedroom. This way if I get a writing idea if I'm asleep or near asleep I can jot the idea down and either finish it or develop it later without worrying about virus protection so much. My router kills or sends away most viruses anyway so they never get to any of my computers. My Ubuntu XP laptop is the only one that I use in a wifi format. I prefer most of the time to use one of our two stationary laptops connected through ethernet cables directly into my router. This reduces cell phone radiation and electrical signal exposure to my body and anyone else in the house.

A wifi computer is a lot like a cell phone in the exposure of radiation and electrical radio signal that one is exposed to so I try to keep that to a minimum. I am also very suspicious of this new technology of transmitting electricity through the air to recharge phones and batteries. Something just doesn't seem right about that in regard to living things in the vicinity of these transmissions.

I was reading something a long time ago that certain types of electrical signals and transmissions eventually started driving the people of Atlantis mad. I think our civilization might also be reaching that point of electrical and radio and cell phone signals traveling through the air as well. Many people can't handle all these transmissions going every which way and are affected mentally, emotionally and physically.

I remember as a teenager being able to pick up a radio station because of the fillings in my teeth. I could hold my jaw in a certain position and listen to KFOX while I was attending Glendale High School. I was told later my mouth became a crystal set because of several different metals including gold, platinum and silver in my teeth fillings and I could listen to the station through what is called bone conduction. All these things are going through all our bodies all the time and I don't think they are helping anyone's health in the long run.

No comments: