Saturday, February 28, 2015

Compassion

I was walking through one of the big Gambling Hotels Friday night. And as an intuitive it was one of the more creepy things I have done in my life. I was pretty happy to get up to my room. People there all often in very strange motivations sort of in a life or death mode. I'm not a gambler (at least with money). Most of my risk taking is of a different sort most of my life. I have been a rock climber, someone who likes to ride motorcycles, fly planes, (and in my youth) before I married, often date somewhat dangerous women, so on one level I understand gamblers from this point of view. However, gambling always seemed "not safe" to me. So, if I ever have gambled this is what I allowed myself ($20). When I would gamble in the 1980s I allowed myself $20 which is about what a meal might cost then for one person. (two people at a fast food place) to see if I could win something. What I found was that I might win about 10 or 20 dollars in the process but if I kept doing whatever i was doing eventually long enough I could also lose it all. So, I imagine this is most other people's experience too. So, in this sense I have compassion for people who gamble, but I can't really understand the thrill of it.

People have always been important to me but not money and what is interesting about this is that as long as I took care of everyone and helped them life and God always took care of me too. So, I attribute wealth to (always putting people first) in my own life.

So, my point of view is this:"If you want to have every good thing make sure you take care of others too. Because I have discovered this is how to be wealthy in all ways spiritually, mentally physically,  and emotionally".


No comments: