Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Thinking like an Immortal?

I got to thinking about this today because yesterday I went through a few hours wondering whether what was happening to me might result in my eventual death. So, I ran through various ways people can think about what is happening in my life. And the conclusion I came to is that for most people believing that they are an immortal soul living in a body on earth is actually very useful to them on a variety of levels.

First of all, (whether it is true or not or can be proven or not) believing you are an immortal soul living in a human body on earth is useful because it is much less likely you are going to die of fright.

You might not think this is very useful but I can see the usefulness of it.

I can remember getting whooping cough as a kid 2 years old and I had no idea what was happening to me because I was still little and little by little by the way people looked at me I sort of got used to the idea that I was going to die. Did I want to die? No. But at 2 I got used to the idea which permanently changed the way I saw life ever after.

Then I had an experience with the Archangels and I got healed. Was I still scared? Sometimes. But it also took me to a place where for a long time I believed that I had an immortal soul. Then at 10 I got Blunt trauma childhood epilepsy from a blow to the head when I fell about 9 feet onto the back of my head on a rock. This gave me seizures at night so I sort of wondered why God was trying to kill me if he loved me?

So, at 15 after praying to God for the last year or two my appearance changed (and I grew over a foot taller to about 6 foot 1 at age 15 and 6 foot 3 by age 17 and at 15 all seizures stopped permanently and girls started chasing me around. What a difference to thinking you were dying just before this!

So, my conclusion is near death only brings a person nearer to God if they survive it. At least that's what happened to me. So, instead of being afraid of my shadow I was riding motorcycles, flying planes and hang gliders and driving cars 140 or 150 miles per hour. This was my response to almost dying twice for months or years at a time. And I was no longer afraid of talking to girls either.

So, being afraid of your shadow is one stage but if your experience with near death goes on long enough you sort of just say, "I'm going to live now. I have already died." and you just do whatever you want to because each day might just be your very last.

So, people look at you and say, "You're fearless!" No. That's not it. You're just tired of being afraid of dying all the time and you decide to live each and every moment you have left. You're not really fearless you are just pissed off from being so near death so much. So, you are going to make the most of every single moment you have left. Death is no longer a mystery so you live each and every moment until you are gone!

This is what I was mostly like until I was 25 and my girlfriend got pregnant and I  had to stay alive to raise him right. So, also having my son who was born when I was 26 likely saved my life because I'm not sure I could keep rock climbing, riding dirt bike motorcycles, driving cars really fast much longer and still be around to raise my son. Men I knew who didn't settle down young enough died rock climbing etc. usually before they were 30 or so in many cases. Others survived and started a good career even if they didn't marry then or ever. So, life is very strange this way.

So, is thinking like an immortal soul useful? I think it depends upon the person but usually the answer is "Yes!"

No comments: