Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Hot Tub Time Machine 2 (2015)?

  1. www.imdb.com/title/tt2637294   Cached
    Directed by Steve Pink. With Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson, Clark Duke, Adam Scott. When Lou finds himself in trouble, Nick and Jacob fire up the hot tub time machine ...
     
    I really liked Hot Tub Time Machine 1 so I had been looking forward to the 2nd one. However, then I read a review titled something like "They shot themselves in the Dick" and I began to wonder how this was going to be as a movie. Then I realized John Cusack wasn't going to be in in. Then I realized they made it for only 14 million dollars. So, after all this I said to my wife the night we were going to go to it: "Well. There seems to be some problem with it and John Cusack is not in this one". And  then I told her the title to the review article and she realized the same thing I did which is this one might not be very good. However, I said, "Let's go later on and not tonight because I still want to see it and have a good laugh. 

    However, we both sort of found it sort of disgusting like "Macgruber" which also took everything too far to enjoy also. There is the sort of Saturday Night Live space and then there is just too far. And this movie was mostly just too far to be funny most of the time.

    I sort of felt that someone was using cocaine and wrote it high and then didn't censor their thoughts or run it by someone outside their small circle of friends. This might have been a real funny movie but literally "They either shot themselves in the dick and then tried to show the audience two men having sex".

    The combination is going to turn off many people that loved the first movie. However, I suppose it might be a cult movie in some circles but not most places I know of.

No comments: