Sunday, June 23, 2013

If you are interested in Buying a Dualsport

KTM 690 Duke vs. Husqvarna TR650 Strada! - On Two Wheels Episode 29

MotorTrend MotorTrend·979 videos
1,380,408
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpeDCAR0iAU

KTM 690 Duke vs. Husqvarna TR650 Strada! - On Two Wheels ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpeDCAR0iAU
Mar 20, 2013 - Uploaded by MotorTrend
Husqvarna TR650 Strada! ... Will it be the 690 Duke or TR650 Strada? ... 2013 KTM 690 Duke ...
They mention that though both bikes are really great overall the Husky is the better all around bike as a dualsport. If you click on "KTM 690 Duke vs. Husqvarna----" above you can see the review and see the bikes in action.
I have been thinking about trading in my 2009 KLR 650 for a 650 Husky because it is made for accommodating bigger and taller guys. So, this video I felt was helpful in determining where I want to go. There is also a bike someone showed me called a Yamaha Tenere that they thought was a good bike too. But I haven't ridden either bike yet. I really love my KLR 650 but people tell me I need a bike designed for someone 6 foot 5 and not light like me.
If I was lighter and smaller I might still prefer my 2009 KLR 650 (which I love) because of it's ease of working on in the wilds and it's basic simplicity in some ways like an old VW Bug of the 1960s or something. It gets the job done but I would be safer on a Husky at my height and weight especially going over jumps in the dirt.

No comments: