Monday, September 23, 2013

Amazingly Beautiful Day!

I left portland this morning in my 4wd truck and headed south back towards California. As I went over Mt. Ashland Pass the clouds and rain started breaking up. As I drove through next to Yreka on Interstate 5 I was amazed how beautiful every thing looked! It was one of the clearest days I have seen in years, with every thing completely crystal clear from the rain that had just passed through. The trees seemed so happy to get such a soaking the last couple of days. Even Mt. Shasta was coated with about 6 inches to 1 foot of new snow from about 10,000 feet elevation to the peak which is about 14,161 feet. Also, there is a lenticular Cloud over the top of the kind that Mt. Shasta is famous for. What I had never seen before is about 1/2 the sky around Yreka was UFO clouds (lenticular clouds). It was like being there for a UFO convention or something. Beautiful Day!

No comments: