Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Figures don't lie but liars use figures

note:
before I start writing this let me just say that I have about 4 ideas at once which is always frustrating for me because often I don't have the time to write 4 articles at once. So, as a result this one article might contain elements of the four articles I wanted to write. The first article is on "The Fifth Estate": The movie on Julian Assange. Not on the movie so much as the subject matter regarding it all. The second article I wanted to write is about how information is misused by almost anyone to get across whatever point of view they have. The third and fourth articles I can't even really give you enough information here without compromising what I want to write here for you now.
end note.

Figures don't lie but liars use figures is something my father often said and I also find this true in all viewpoints written about on literally any subject. I, myself am probably guilty of this too since every one generally is.

So, how does a person get an objective point of view on any subject? By listening to and reading from multiple sources. For example, if you only listen to Fox News you are listening to people who have a serious agenda to brainwash you into thinking corporate, anti-ecological, anti-poor and in some ways because of this Anti-American at least in a populist sense. However, if you listen to MSNBC you are going to hear only about human rights which is important but also is the death of all governments. If you listen to CNN it might not be the most entertaining because they are actually trying to give the world a really objective point of view. And because an objective point of view may not be as entertaining in regard to shock factor their viewership likely is declining. So, are we going to lose the only objective news on TV? I don't know the answer to this question. I know ABC, NBC and CBS are trying to be objective too however. So, the way I deal with this is to look for different points of view by scanning Google News online for worldwide events. I also go to Yahoo but something is changing there and they are becoming more of a human interest site and less of a news site except in regard to Yahoo Finance which is still really good. So, as places I can get objective information from arise and I find out about them and find I can trust what they put online I visit them more and more (as long as I can remember who they are and where they are) which sometimes is difficult for me. Often I will put these sites in my bookmarks on on of my computers but then there become so many of them that it becomes sensory overload and I forget which ones are actually useful after a couple of months. So, this is something we all deal with (sensory overload) from too much information coming from too many directions at once.

For example, in relation to Russia and their present relationship with the U.S. the main thing you need to know is what their priorities are and their priority is not now or never has been human rights.
So, you have to know then their priority is stability and Order. When a culture like Russia has for thousands of years value order over human rights millions of people are going to die from this and be put in prison. So, their history is completely different than the English Culture that goes back to the Magna Carta in regard to human rights.

Magna Carta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magna_Carta
Magna Carta (Latin for Great Charter), also called Magna Carta Libertatum or The Great Charter of the Liberties of England, is an Angevin charter originally ...
 
So, human rights began for Englishmen at least in 1215 with King John (of Robin Hood legendary fame) when he was cornered by his people to sign the magna carta or something bad was going to happen to him.
 
So, imagine that Englishmen and Americans and Canadians and Australians and New Zealanders and directly and indirectly India has had human rights since 1215 when all this began coming forwards into the present. 

When you compare that to Russia human rights only really began there in 1917 with the revolution and even then they were different rights than Americans and Englishmen had and the rest of the Commonwealth had.

In understanding this bludgeoning effect of Russian history on Russians we can make a lot more sense of what the Russians are doing in Syria. From their point of view to lose Assad is completely unacceptable because of Arab Spring. From a Russian point of view and Chinese point of view Arab Spring is nothing but complete chaos and the temporary or permanent end of order in the middle East.

Whereas to Americans, English, French, Canadians, Australian, New Zealanders and possibly Indians from India, what is happening in the Middle East through Arab Spring could eventually lead to democracies friendly to all these countries. Understanding this is the beginning of a new way to deal with Russia and it's relationship  to Syria and the rest of the middle East.

So, what the U.S. and Russia can agree on is that there needs to be order in the middle East. Beyond that, it is still a work in progress.

No comments: