Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Reinventing Oneself

The two most common way people reinvent themselves is through joining the military and by going to college. But, there is also a third tried and true way people have used down through time.

Reinventing Oneself can be scary.

When you move away from your home town for example, away from people you know, all the ways you identify yourself start to go away. Often it is hard to make friends as good (or as bad) as your friends growing up wherever you started out.

In my case in life I was too 60s for my church and so they asked me to leave. Looking back on all this I see how my ideas would have been threatening to people then because I was very handsome and sort of a good talker and conversationalist and so would always get people to follow me as I had already been trained as a minister and youth leader growing up.

So, when I had to leave my church and all the people I knew all over the world through this church I found it hard to want to stay alive with my beliefs and sanity intact.

So, I decided to custom reinvent myself for maximum survival potential so that I might survive without committing suicide or being self destructive to the point where I died.

One of the ways I reinvented myself was by dating a lot of women between the ages of 21 and 25 when I settled down with my 1st wife.

Even though leaving my childhood church disrupted my whole life and life path I found that I could survive the new path for Fred that I found along the way. I have always been a very very creative person and inventive and innovative person.

So, I turned this creativeness and inventiveness towards myself and reinventing myself and by moving new places and making new friends along the way that were more suited to what would be useful to me long term.

But, reinventing yourself is not for sissies. Many people don't even realize that they can change and many people are not even self aware enough to attempt something like this.

But for me, being a natural intuitive and having survived Whooping cough and blunt Trauma childhood epilepsy I had already been through many life and death situations already. So, death to me wasn't a problem it was a solution to my problems.

Life I saw as my problem in (how to I choose to even want to stay alive) given everything that had happened to me already?

So, this was a very different problem than some people face.

So, reinventing myself in this context I found relatively easy over time.

So now, I look back at having to leave my childhood church as one of the best things that ever happened to be because I wouldn't be as evolved and as self aware now if this hadn't happened.

So, through great suffering can also come great growth and it can make your life a truly amazing thing as mine has.

Most people's lives are really boring.

My life has been so very eventful often I just want to take time away from it to have some sort of rest from the intensity of my life ongoing.

Even in retirement sometimes it seems like I don't have a moment to breathe and to reflect and to think about things as much as I want to.

But, if you are self aware enough to reinvent yourself you also likely are in a position to invent a new religion or religious points of view.

If you are creative enough to reinvent yourself you likely can also help others to reinvent themselves rather than kill themselves slowly or quickly as well.

By God's Grace

No comments: