Monday, January 1, 2018

What can people do this New Years day to make the world a better place for 2018?

Often in life if you can define a problem then you can begin to solve it. Until you can define what the problem is you have literally no hope.

So, as onerous as defining a problem is, without defining it people lose hope.

So, as difficult as defining a problem is, if you don't do that you literally have no future here on earth.

Because it is only in defining our problems that we are able to solve them.

As a young person often I was very idealistic and didn't want to define problems because it seemed insurmountable to me. But, as I shied away from problems I noticed they only compounded and got worse and worse.

So, by age 30 I realized at the first hint of a problem I knocked it down and solved it so it didn't grow into something that would or could destroy my life or the lives of those around me.

My wife has a different point of view: "I don't need to know what the problem is or define the problem. I can step up to a person and help simply by taking care of or helping that person in any way that I can."

"What kinds of things can you do easily in a situation that seems insurmountable?"

"You can bring a friend a meal and sit quietly and listen."

"You can organize a group funding site to help a person with a specific need."

"You can call a neighbor for ideas if you see a problem that might take more than one person to solve."

"If you don't know your neighbor try a friendly chat site online".

There are hundreds of organizations in every community big or small that need volunteers.

If you help one person you have already changed the world for the better in 2018.

Kindness and compassion is what it's all about both for yourself and others.

No comments: