Becoming a Father at age 26 brought meaning to my life. I was not doing very well in life before my son was born. Though I almost always had girlfriends from age 15 to 25 this can be a distraction more than anything else in some ways if you are young and mobile like I was then.
So, becoming a father made me be responsible for 2 more human beings beyond myself. This likely was the best thing that had ever happened to me at that time in my life.
So, becoming a father saved my life in that it made me take less physical risks than I had before. I stopped rock climbing with thousands of feet exposure with pitons and ropes, for example, so I could stay alive. 2 years later one of my rock climbing friends died free climbing Castle Crags near Mt. Shasta so at that moment I realized my son had literally saved my life.
I have three biological children and 4 stepchildren at this point so with each one I did always what I could to make their lives as good as possible through advice and education along the way. So, all of them are doing well and are married if they are older than their early 30s. And all have been to college and most already have their degrees.
So, Happy Father's Day! to all you fathers out there. Though it's a long road I have found it to be a mostly happy one!
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Blumenthal urges House to pass Russia sanctions amid "extreme urgency" in Ukraine
- Myasthenia gravis is not considered more prevalent overall in Middle Eastern populations compared to global rates, but regional studies note that patients in Arab countries often develop the condition at a younger age.
- The most interesting fact for me regarding the last 3 articles:
- Victims' families remember Nazi ship sunk with prisoners on board
- “Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity they think of you.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- This is part of my research for learning about when the last small ice age was between 10,000 and 20,000 years ago in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
- Rare 1930s Watch Stashed in Old Jewelry Box Sells for $80,000 in Thrilling UK Auction
- It all makes much more sense if you see humans as domesticated Animals rather than something else
- NASA launches its Roman Space Telescope to explore the hidden universe
- is everyone okay after flash flooding in Grand Canyon?
No comments:
Post a Comment