Be easy on yourself. Remember, it takes a couple of days to adapt to being in Hawaii, especially if you come from a drier or colder climate. People who live here often function very intuitively. If you don't (without air conditioning at least) you could spin your mind too fast and just pass out from the heat. This is one of the things you have to watch out for here on the hotter days and nights.
Also, if you are here right now don't expect (at sea level) any temperature in September ever below 72 to 73 degrees no matter what and prepare to deal with 90s temperatures with 90 percent humidity.
If you don't then you are likely to have problems if you are over 40 or 50 years of age. Younger people often can take a lot of changes and adapt more quickly to new environments if they are careful to realize what is happening to them soon enough.
So, slowing down enough to enjoy being here without passing out from the heat or humidity is a good thing. Or finding enough air conditioning so you can function they way you do on the mainland might be important too.
If the hotel or condo doesn't have air conditioning or you are camping out somewhere on the islands one way to stay cool is to take cold showers (the cold water isn't very cold by the way) or to just go jump in the ocean. But, if you get sunburned this is very problematic regarding heat prostration too.
So, being here is great if you know your age and body enough to function here whatever month you choose to visit the Hawaiian Islands.
I was noticing one plant had fronds 8 feet long which was pretty impressive to see too today. So, you will see many tropical plants you might not have ever seen before on the mainland here in Hawaii too.
There are also rainforests you can walk through various places on the islands as well. The highest rainfall on earth is I believe on the Napali Coast of Kauai which is over 600 inches of rain a year.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Senator: Zoom Deceived Users Over Its Security Claims
- Designating "Self driving Cars" as being "Fully Autonomous" will create a more dangerous outcome for riders in these cars: Why?
- Biden says he sees no evidence cyberattack is under control
- All Face Creams including Sun Block now have Nanotechnology in them
- I had never heard before of the Rakoczy Mansion in Transylvania
- Castor oil- Wikipedia
- 'Why aren't they home?': Lake Tahoe struggles to keep winter vacationers at bay
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265