You can either build a house for a home with it or knock a hole in your head with it.
It's important to realize that an education is as bad as it is good. What I mean by this is the self discipline that you get from a college education harms you as much as it can help you.
I remember sitting in a barber's chair and I was talking about getting a college education to the barber and likely I was about 13 or 14. He said to me, "Do you see that guy sweeping up the hair I cut off the floor?
I said, "Yes."
He said, "HE has several doctorates but he couldn't apply them in a way that fed him."
I looked on horrified but he had also taught me a very valuable lesson. It isn't your education level that is important. It's what you can do with whatever you have.
By God's Grace
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
No comments:
Post a Comment