Sunday, October 31, 2021

We may all have immortal souls but physically what we are is basically Domesticated Animals

 While I was in college studying philosophy, Psychology and Anthropology this is the conclusion I came to. Of course you are entitled to your own just as I am entitled to mine.

I was having an argument with my 25 year old daughter who is very moral but also agnostic or even atheistic. So, often I find her point of view interesting to say the least but needless to say we are both emotionally very strong people and opinionated so we tend to argue a lot about the strangest things (from my point of view).

Like today she was angry that I had said something about someone we know and she said people need to be put into categories of either being good or bad.

However, I don't really do that. I don't consider anyone either good or bad. I consider the bodies they wear are domesticated animals and because of this it isn't really useful to classify people as good or bad. What IS important is to consider all people human beings who deserve your compassion. But, this doesn't mean you should trust anyone either. This is true simply because when all is said and done sometimes people act like wild animals. And you never know when this is going to happen either.

So, because of this I don't classify anyone as good or bad only as a friend or as a potential friend or someone who is temporarily or permanently crazy.

OF course I didn't always see people this way. So, my daughter says "Dad. You are paranoid."

Nope, that's not it. I have seen what people can do even when you think they are good. Good people sometimes do bad things. So, because of this I try to be ready for anything. And I have seen anything many times during my life.

So, even your most trusted friends or relatives are bound to do really crazy or dangerous things sometime. And when they do (if you are a full adult) you have to deal with whatever they are doing or have done.

I guess when people die (or near to it) can be the strangest even for fully self disciplined people.

But, I think you have to have experiences like I did where people tried to kill me with knives or my father because he was on Codeine for bone cancer started shooting holes in the wall in his bedroom so I had to drive 600 miles to take away his guns before he shot my Mom too with my pistol. Luckily, this was only a .22 pistol so the .22 long rifle bullets embedded in the wall and didn't carry across his land to someone else acres away like a 9 mm or a .45 caliber pistol would. So, we were very lucky in this.

But, watching people die that you love changes you a lot and hopefully changes you so you are more adult and capable of dealing with whatever you have to in a good and ethical way.

But, seeing people as basically animals who are domesticated with an immortal soul helped me a lot in making more sense of what we really are as human beings here on earth.

By God's Grace

No comments: