Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Amazon's Alexa tells 10-year-old child to touch penny to exposed plug

IT' sounds like some programmer played a joke on his company before he quit or was fired. This is how this kind of thing actually happens. You likely will see more of this over time. You only need one bad programmer to create myriads of problems before they quit or are fired. Or some people are so sneaky that nothing will be found until something bad happens to someone.

I'm actually really surprised that people haven't died from some programmer or another along the way. Or have they already and it was just made to go away by lawyers paying those who were harmed millions?

Because I know all this stuff already I would NEVER own an Alexa or use anything like that because I know how bad it actually could get. You cannot trust the programming on this kind of device. Besides, Alexa and other devices like Siri are used to study you and build profiles on you and your family to be used against you and your family in the future.

 begin quote from:

On another note I actually had an experience like this myself but not with Alexa because this would have been when I was 12 or 13 years old.

If you have ever had a Thermadore heater
built into the wall of your Bathroom usually somewhere near the toilet so you can stay warm on cold winter nights you will know what I'm talking about. 

I was 12 or 13 and I wanted to see what would happen if I put a bobby pin that I straightened into an apple and I put this bobby pin into a thermadore electric wall heater.

Well. I guess if you are an adult you can imagine what actually happened. Basically, I set the bathroom on fire for a little while by touching the bobby pin pushed into an apple into the heater. I knew I likely would be okay doing this simply because I knew enough about electricity. However, I didn't realize what else could happen there. So, basically the Thermadore heater then in 1960 or 1961 exploded when I touched the bobby pin in the apple into the thermadore electric coils.
So, basically the thermador electric heating coils exploded and burned me with these little metal hot rings and one of them set the bathroom rug on fire.

First I got burnt on my legs by some of the metal rings but they didn't stay and keep searing my flesh they just bounced off me luckily. then the rug caught on fire and I had to put it out and then I took a glass of water from the sink and poured it on the burning metal rings embedded in the rug and floor. So, It's amazing it wasn't worse. Plus my parents were angry with me because I almost set the house on fire but they were also grateful I wasn't more seriously injured. I had to help my father install a new set of thermadore coils back into our bathroom heater though.

If you look below this is the same type of heater I think that you can still buy today. In fact, I even have one like this in my wife's and my bathroom in our home that we have lived in since around 2000 AD.
It has an on/off switch and nothing else but a fan that goes on to move the heat past the coils towards the bathroom or toilet. Lately it has been cold enough here on the coast to turn it on, especially late at night. But, don't forget to turn it off because we have a towel rack above ours and you don't accidentally want to start a fire by having your towel too low on the rack.

So, if you turn it on be sure to turn it off before you leave the bathroom.

one day later: I realized that they have redesigned the Thermadore wall heaters now so you can't do what I did at 12 or 13 years of age. They have a screen between you and the coils which are now deeper inside the heater and so aren't accessible like they used to be.

Ads·Shop thermador bathroom wall heaters

No comments: