Friday, December 31, 2021

Balaclava anyone?

 For me, personally, if I'm going skiing I usually will put a balaclava on in case the weather gets more severe. I have done this now wearing a gray full wool blaclava that I can bring up over my nose if I need to to keep the snow out of my nose in  blizzard conditions likely since the 1980s. Then usually I will either wear Sunglasses or goggles depending upon the situation of how hard the wind is blowing etc. If you are a skier you want to avoid snow blindness and to keep the snow out of your eyes and nose if you fall down in the snow so you can still see and breathe freely.

So, for me at least, a balaclava is something I always have available when I'm skiing. Also, if it gets hot often I will take it off my head while skiing and put my left arm through the face of it and have it attached to my left arm while skiing down a hill until I need it for warmth or to shelter from rain or a snow blizzard.

Balaclavas I started to wear during likely the 1980s and I found them very effective for any kind of snow or blizzard conditions. Also you can roll them up on top of your head and wear them as a wool snow hat as well. So, they are multidimensional in how effective they can be in all sorts of difficult weather too. 

No comments: