Friday, December 31, 2021

I believe what is important is a Personal relationship with God

 As I grew up I found God the most in nature. I had an experience at age 15 in Yosemite with my best friend from Junior high. I think I was going to go into Glendale High School in the fall so this would be the summer of 1963 when I had already turned 15 already that year. 

So, when my friend's mother and sister got ptomaine poisoning from improperly refrigerated Tuna Fish Sandwiches for several days the Air Force Coreman in the next campsite told us boys to go play while he cared for my friend's mother and sister and helped them get well. Today they would have been sent to a hospital of course but people were different than now in the 1950s and 1960s. Besides I don't think they had medical insurance. I likely didn't know anyone who did in that era actually. 

Well. My friend Mike and I hiked up to Vernal Falls and California Nevada Falls and Yosemite Falls and swam in the river then in 1963 and at night there was a Firefall of Cedar Bark off of Glacier point. So, Yosemite National park was a cross between a kind of Disneyland atmosphere then mixed with street racers racing along roads and people getting drunk around campfires and people floating down the river there and jumping off of bridges into the river and having a really wonderful time.

Anyway I experienced God up on those trails in those beautiful days out in the woods on trails. I had never been set loose before in my life and I was a young man at heart and responsible enough and so was my friend to be okay in these situations where we basically made all our own decisions then. I had had whooping cough and my friend had had polio so this made us much more grown up having survived all this than most kids our age.

So, basically God started talking to me all the time about then so I would have long conversations with God and his angels all the time after I turned 15 partly because I had already asked God to come live in my body with me and he did.

by God's Grace

No comments: