Friday, December 31, 2021

There is a surrealistic quality to being alive anywhere on earth now

 I suppose to some degree it was always true. I remember in the 1950s driving in my parents listening to people screaming while killing each other on the radio of our car in India when India became India, Pakistan and E. Pakistan before East Pakistan became Bangladesh. People were screaming while being killed by rakes and hoes in India then as the Muslims were being driven out of India by the Hindus then. This then caused Pakistan and East Pakistan to be formed and then East Pakistan became Bangladesh.

So, I guess what I'm saying here is life has always had this surrealistic quality to it in a never ending way. 

Like JFK being elected and many people thought of John F. Kennedy and his wife Jacqueline Kennedy sort of became temporary King and Queen of the U.S. sort of like how Obama became legendary immediately too. Then Kennedy was assassinated likely by Russia or Castro or J. Edgar Hoover who was head of the FBI who secretly wore a TUTU in his spare time then and had many psychological problems that caused him to allow JFK and Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King to be assassinated on his watch. In other words he hated all of them because he was very very conservative and anti-progressive in his politics.

So, whatever decade you name to me since the 1950s I can show you how insane it was living through those times in a surrealistic way. The late 1960s was surrealistic because people my friend's ages  from High school were dying in Viet Nam. I had already almost died of whooping cough and then blunt trauma (concussion caused) seizures which are sometimes called "Childhood epilepsy" which is always caused by a blow to the head in childhood because it is the only form of epilepsy one can outgrow by usually ages 15 or 16 like I did too.

Luckily for me, I was classified 4F from my concussion and seizures and because of this was never drafted so I never had to go to Viet Nam and either die be maimed or get serious PTSD like many other people I knew had.

So, name me a decade and I can name the traumas involved in that decade from the 1950s to the present.

Welcome to just how surrealistic living on earth ALWAYS IS!

Happy New Year!

No comments: