I have now been several times to Jot Dean Ice Cave. I met a lady in Mt. Shasta who said an ancestor of hers in the early 1900s used to cure deer meat there but this is over 100 years ago now. When I have been there it has been usually in the summers (when you don't have to deal with snow). However, I did go there with a bunch of people in my 2011 Tundra 4 wheel drive and almost got stuck in the snow within a few miles of there. Only because I'm pretty knowledgeable 4 wheel driver was I able to go backwards and to spin the truck around 180 degrees and to get going forward away from the snow again which was a relief at the time because of how remote we were and if something had gone wrong we would have been stranded about 50 miles from the nearest other human being let alone house or gas station. So, I would recommend not going there without a Forest Service map (because no phone reception or texting at all there) and I would recommend going there in the summer time for safety too. But, it's important to realize that anywhere around Mt. Shasta it can and sometimes does snow 12 months a year if you are high enough on Mt. Shasta. So, this is important to know too. So, be careful if the temperatures are low even in the summertime visiting Jot Dean Ice Cave.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
Sunday, March 19, 2023
One of the remote sights off of Highway 89 is Jot Dean Ice Cave. However, don't expect Google maps to work so you need a forest service map to know where you are
Active NorCal
https://www.activenorcal.com › Outdoors
Videos
Exploring The Jot Dean Ice cave - North Eastern CA. Details ...
YouTube Quest For Details
3 key moments in this video
California's Jot Ice Caves
YouTube digstravel33
7 key moments in this video
More to ask
Jot Dean Ice Cave is a small lava tube along Forest Road 49 leading towards Medicine Lake, California, no more than a few hundred feet deep.
Jot Dean Ice Cave is a cave in Siskiyou County. Jot Dean Ice Cave is situated nearby to Double Hole Crater and the volcano Powder Hill.
Video
Gaia GPS
https://www.gaiagps.com › shasta-trinity-national-forest
Jot Dean Ice Cave is a cave entrance inside of Shasta-Trinity National Forest.
Related searches
Add website
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment