Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Power is out for at least 25,000 people in my area (likely 25,000 homes and businesses not just people)

 I woke up this morning to heavy winds. When I looked out the window a tree was down in my neighbor's yard but it missed all the cars and trucks and all the buildings. We had realized the power had gone out about that time too. 

However, instead of losing all power, all cell service, all texting, all TV Cable all Streaming and all Wifi this time we ONLY have lost power so far. Not sure what happens next. For example, when I started up my generator I was able to get cable TV and now I realized I also have WIFI to get the message out.

I also found out that the whole monterey Peninsula is cut off from the mainland by water (flooding) except by Reservation Road and that might be closed too. There are so many trees down everywhere that most people cannot get anywhere from the 70 mile per hour gusts that hit last night all over the place especially along the coast. As far as I know I am presently landlocked where I live and unable to get out and the same is true for at least 3000 to 4000 people in my area. So, if there is an emergency of any kind people likely could die if they panic because it's too windy to helicopter them out and they cannot get here by car or truck now.

Our house cleaner couldn't get here in his 4 wheel drive truck. All the roads where we live are closed down now by trees falling. There is no way in or out by car or truck to a hospital now and it's too windy for helicopters to land or even fly now. So, if anyone has an emergency likely they will die because of this before help arrives. However, there are fire stations likely manned with paramedics and firemen who often are at least EMTs or more. They hopefully can get to people in an emergency.

So, staying calm for many people will be the issue now because they cannot get to work or back from work. So, many people are going to have to get hotel rooms or stay with friends all over northern California because of closed roads due to flooding or trees falling. The tree fellers are at work everywhere. You can here chain saws in all directions and gasoline generators in all directions too now.

No comments: