Sunday, July 21, 2024

Cold at the beach this evening

I woke up after an afternoon nap realizing we hadn't walked out dog on the beach today. However, it was 7:30 pm. I realized I might need my heavier hooded jacket even as I put on a baseball cap. At the beach it was windy and no one there because it was cold and overcast. I found it was too cold for me after just waking up from a nap to only wear the baseball cap so I pulled up my hood to stay warm while walking the dog on the beach. There was no one there at all because of the cold. I kicked off my Crocs anyway because unless it is really cold like the winter time I prefer to go barefoot on the beach like I always did when I lived in Southern California in Los Angeles and San Diego Counties growing up and surfing and body surfing and boogie boarding and snorkeling there in Southern California. So, ever since then if I can I go barefoot to feel the sand between my toes and really feel a part of the wild ocean in these ways.

Our dog really enjoyed this because I had to pick up after her after she made a deposit on the beach. I found that it was time to get back to the car and to warm up and put the heater on.

I guess right now there are very few places like this in the U.S. right now where it's foggy and overcast and cold except for here. My daughter sent us a video of it raining monsoon style in Texas today too. Heading south to Santa Barbara and San Diego later this week I think if all goes well.

By God's Grace

No comments: